Helping young people realise their dreams through the power of their creativity
The Burberry Foundation is a philanthropic organisation dedicated to supporting young people, helping them to realise their full potential and thrive in the world they are inheriting. Through generous donations from Burberry employees and customers, the Foundation has inspired over 44,000 young people globally.
We've accomplished this by combining financial support with the enormous creativity, knowledge and dedication of Burberry employees.
Established in 2008, the Burberry Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (1123102).
Since its founding in 1856, Burberry has become defined by its outerwear heritage and its iconic trench coat. When Thomas Burberry invented gabardine, the Burberry brand became synonymous with the passionate adventurers, aviators, cartographers and mountain climbers who wore his coats while pushing the boundaries of human experience.
The Burberry Foundation recognises the nature of exploration has changed, however the challenges young people face today are no less daunting than the South Pole was a century ago.
Just as Burberry clothed and encouraged past explorers, the Burberry Foundation helps young people navigate the uncertain terrain of their age and the complex world in which we live today. By helping them to develop new skills, confidence and ambition, the Burberry Foundation aims to kindle their innate creativity and empower them to realise their dreams.
The Burberry Foundation's grant making is focused on supporting innovative programmes and building sustainable partnerships with charitable organisations that help young people to:
- develop creative confidence and self-esteem
- build connections with their families, friends and society
- increase their ability to reach for opportunities in school, life and work
In considering requests for support, we give preference to projects that:
- are located in a community where Burberry employees live and work
- are managed competently with accountability, cost effectiveness, strong leadership and creativity
- provide a significant and measurable impact
- have built in long-term sustainability
- have the potential to offer volunteering opportunities for Burberry employees
The Foundation is not currently accepting unsolicited requests for support.